A visit out West for yours actually to observe baseball and sightsee is an indication that nature is therapeutic. Additionally therapeutic? Me. That’s as a result of I received a bit of too well-acquainted with the solar and have a bit of burn for the primary time since 1999. So should you see me whereas I’m out and about on my travels right this moment, please be light.
• Good morning, pals. It’s my final day in San Diego and I made a decision I wished to cram my eyeballs with highlights from OTAs. Care to hitch me?
• It’s the vibes for me:
The video is by some means even higher. pic.twitter.com/l43dEmjarB
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 9, 2021
• Talking of the vibes:
.@smustipher53: “If we as an offense are in a position to click on and be on the identical web page, the sky’s the restrict.”
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 9, 2021
• Hope springs everlasting in June. I get it. Nevertheless it’s nonetheless good to have a contemporary breath of optimism this time of yr. Gonna guess that having Justin Fields in tow helps rather a lot. But in addition, I reckon Sam Mustipher’s work with Olin Kreutz (per Zack Pearson) is aiding in pushing issues in the correct course. Nothing like working with the perfect Bears middle of my lifetime to get your sport to a different stage.
• I hate “nicks” … however higher to have them now than later:
Bears WR Anthony Miller was at observe right this moment however he didn’t take part. Matt Nagy stated he’s coping with a minor harm. He described it as a “nick.” The staff, in fact, is being cautious with every part as a result of it’s June.
— Adam Jahns (@adamjahns) June 9, 2021
Media viewing for #Bears OTA has concluded. Justin Fields with a pair nifty passes and one good bomb. Struggled with middle/QB exchanges. Andy Dalton picked off 3x complete in 7-on-7 and staff. pic.twitter.com/Ngi6tuYJ32
— Brad Biggs (@BradBiggs) June 9, 2021
• I’m at all times saying guys have to throw extra strikes:
The Bears completed yet one more observe of OTAs at Halas Corridor. Right here’s a video of Justin Fields throwing a strike. Not pictured is absolutely the bomb he uncorked for a landing.
— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) June 9, 2021
• With the Bears enjoying the Ravens and the Lions this season, I suppose I ought to hold one eye on the place Todd Gurley lands:
Former Professional Bowl RB Todd Gurley is visiting the #Ravens right this moment, supply stated. The previous #Rams and #Falcons weapon additionally just lately visited the #Lions. Now it’s Baltimore, which may construct on an already stacked backfield.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 10, 2021
• I held my breath for a second right here:
#Chiefs guard Kyle Lengthy suffered a leg harm that might hold him out of coaching camp, sources inform me and @RapSheet. After preliminary concern it could possibly be a critical harm, Lengthy underwent exams and the hope now could be he could possibly be again proper earlier than the beginning of the common season.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) June 10, 2021
• So … the excellent news right here is that no matter leg harm Kyle Lengthy suffered isn’t one that’s critical sufficient to finish his season. The very last thing anybody desires for Lengthy is to have taken a yr off and work his approach again right into a football-playing physique solely to not see the sphere with the Chiefs. Lengthy, 32, hasn’t performed a full season since 2015 as a result of his physique has failed him at so many alternative turns. And but, there’s little doubt Long is one tough cookie. It stinks that the harm is critical sufficient to maintain him out of coaching camp. However the different may’ve been far worse.
• Excited about the Lengthy harm had me re-visiting the Bears’ offensive line depth chart. There are at least 96 different combinations this staff may roll out, which is encouraging from a big-picture standpoint. Don’t get me mistaken. I don’t assume that the Bears are contemplating 96 completely different combos earlier than Week 1. And I certain don’t hope they don’t have to make use of 96 combos this season. However that they’ve choices is an indication that their depth is — at minimal — higher than it was this time final yr. Which may appear inconsequential on the floor, but it surely isn’t. Choices and selection might be helpful if deployed in a correct vogue.
• And to assume, proper deal with Morgan Moses is simply hanging out in free company with the Bears still in the mix.
• Mark Gaughan’s description of Mitchell Trubisky’s Wednesday’s practice with the Payments may provide you with flashbacks: Mitch Trubisky made some on-target rhythm throws and appears like he’s choosing up the Payments’ offense early within the offseason course of. For what it’s value, I hope Trubisky picks himself up off the mat and finds happiness and success in soccer. However I can’t entrance. Seeing this took me again to issues I’ve seen, learn, and heard earlier than. Once more, I *hope* he’s lastly figuring it out. Not less than, for his sake. However I do know higher than to carry my breath right here.
• Good luck not getting emotional right here:
Precisely 1 week in the past, the selfless act of a random stranger, our particular angel donor, allowed TJ to share this information along with his brother and sister.
Perpetually grateful 💚❤️
— Greg Olsen (@gregolsen88) June 10, 2021